Monday, July 1, 2013

Yii Require Once Error Cpanel

I tried to install Yii the first time on my cpanel hosting. However, when I try to launch my website I got the following errors:

Warning: require_once(/home/user_name/public_html/yii/demos/your_app/../../YII/framework/yii.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user_name/public_html/yii/demos/your_app/index.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/user_name/public_html/yii/demos/your_app/../../YII/framework/yii.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/user_name/public_html/yii/demos/your_app/index.php on line 12

However, when I try the Yii demo apps like hangman, it works.

So I copied yii/demos/hangman/index.php to your_app/index.php file and it works. The reason I got the above error is because the yii path on my cpanel is different than on my local.

My cpanel index.php (I install yii on my public_html/yii)

<?php

// change the following paths if necessary
$yii=dirname(__FILE__).'/../../framework/yii.php';
$config=dirname(__FILE__).'/protected/config/main.php';

// remove the following line when in production mode
// defined('YII_DEBUG') or define('YII_DEBUG',true);

require_once($yii);
Yii::createWebApplication($config)->run();

No comments:

Post a Comment